Roll-up Shutter Installation Overview
1. Center the back hood assembly directly over opening to be covered.
2. Slide tracks onto end caps and place against wall. Secure with 2" screws or 2-1/4" tapcons. With manual shutters (geared) before securing to wall drill out operation hole for universal shaft, use ¾" masonry bit and hammer drill. If you hit rebar in wall, it will be necessary to tilt the gear to avoid rod or use ¾" rebar metal bit to cut through rebar.
3. Insert the universal through the wall into the gear, cut shaft if necessary. Now mount the universal plate to the interior wall. Outside gear applications do not need to be drilled through the wall, outside gear attaches to the hood. By finding gear location mark hood for hole and drill out, ½" metal bit. Secure with 9/16" self drilling screws, universal needs to be cut to proper length.
4. Lift roll slats over reel and down into tracks making sure bottom slat with rubber insert goes in first. The slats should now be stacked on top of each other and have 2 slats more than the height of the tracks.
5. Slide slat locks or hangers into the top slat and pop rivet to reel. Make sure the slat locks or hangers come from behind the reel over the top and secured in the location of holes on the reel. Equal space locks or hangers along the reel before securing.
6. Install hood to front of shutters using 9/16" self tapping screws. For outside gear, pre-measure hole for universal can now be drilled and universal plate attached to hood with 9/16" self tapping screws.
Hurricane Shutter Roll Up Main